Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) is a chemical that binds and holds on to (chelates) minerals and metals. EDTA Antigen Retrieval Buffer ( pH 8.0, 10×) is a special solution that enables rehydrate and target retrieval in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections in one step. It is optimal for use with primary antibodies that require EDTA buffer (pH=8.0) pretreatment.
EDTA Antigen Retrieval Buffer is used with primary antibodies that require EDTA buffer (pH=8.0) pretreatment.
EDTA Antigen Retrieval Buffer (10×), pH 8.0———————1L.
Store at room temperature.
- Deparaffinize sections in 2 changes of xylene, 5 minutes each.
- Hydrate in 2 changes of 100% ethanol for 2 minutes each, 95% and 75% ethanol for 2 minute each. Then rinse in distilled water.
- EDTA Antigen Retrieval Buffer (10×) should be diluted 1:10 for working solution (1×).
- Pre-heat steamer or water bath with staining dish containing 1× EDTA Buffer until temperature reaches 95-100 °C.
- Immerse slides in the staining dish. Place the lid loosely on the staining dish and incubate for 15 minutes (optimal incubation time should be determined by user).
- Turn off steamer or water bath and remove the staining dish to room temperature and allow the slides to cool for 20-40 minutes.
- Rinse sections in PBS Tween 20 for 2×2 min.
- Proceed to standard immunohistochemistry protocol.
Note: Microwave, pressure cooker and autoclave can be used as alternative heating source to replace steamer or water bath.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.