The Sulforhodamine B (SRB) Cytotoxicity Assay is a sensitive, reproducible, and user-friendly method that relies on the ability of SRB to bind to the protein components of cells that have been fixed to tissue culture plates. It is widely used by the pharmaceutical industry to screen potential cytotoxic candidates in compound libraries. The SRB assay is the preferred method for high cost-effective screenings of cytotoxicity in cell-based studies.
Our Sulforhodamine B (SRB) Viability/Cytotoxicity Assay Kit is a colorimetric assay that quantitatively stains cellular proteins with high sensitivity and linearity with cell number. Unlike other assays, SRB does not stain cell debris, which ensures the sensitivity of the assay for detecting cytotoxicity is not affected. The SRB Viability/Cytotoxicity Assay Kit has been extensively used in cytotoxicity and cell viability studies
Contact us at VitroVivo for SRB Viability/Cytotoxicity Assay Kit and technical support.
1. Varga E, et al. Toxicology Letters, 2017.12.016
2. Gonçalves P, et al. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 2011; 301(5): C984-94
3. Sahu RP, et al. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101(3):176-93
4. Wang XY, et al. Mol Cell Biol. 2008; 28(11): 3589-99
5. Keepers YP, et al. Eur J Cancer. 1991; 27(7), 897-900