Hematoxylin and Eosin (H&E) are most widely used and important general purpose stain combination. VitroView™ special formulated Hematoxylin and Eosin Stain Kit gives clear and sharp blue nucleus and red cytoplasm staining with little background and with no need to perform differentiation and bluing steps. It is good for routine H&E staining. Mayer’s Hematoxylin solution is also good for immunohistochemistry counterstain when DAB or AEC substrate is used.
- VB-3000s-1 Mayer’s Hematoxylin Solution——30 ml Dropper bottle
- VB-3000s-2 Eosin Solution——————————30 ml Dropper bottle
H&E Stain for Paraffin Sections
- Deparaffinize in xylene I for 6 minutes and II for 6 minutes.
- Rehydrate: ethanol 100% (2 minutes)x2; ethanol 95% (2 minutes)x2; ethanol 70% (2 minutes)x1; Rinse in distilled water (5 minutes).
- Drip 3-5 drops of Mayer’s Hematoxylin Solution for 5 minutes.
- Rinse in tap water for 5 min with 3 changes.
- Place in 95% Ethanol for 1 minute (DO NOT RINSE).
- Drip 3-5 drops of Eosin for 1 min 30sec.
- Dehydrate with 2 changes of 95% Ethanol and 2 changes of 100% Ethanol (2 minute per change).
- Clear with 3 changes of xylene (5 minute per change)
- Mount coverslip onto glass slide with Permount or some other suitable organic mounting medium.
H&E Stain for Frozen Sections
- Frozen section are fixed in acetone at -20 °C for 3 min or 80% Methanol at 4°C for 5 min
- PBS x 10 min.
- Rinse in DI water (2 minutes).
- Follow step 3-12 above.
For Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Counterstain:
Prepare A 1:10 dilution with DI Water and use for IHC counterstain for 1 minute.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Precautions: Handle with care. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.