Mast cells are found in the connective tissue and their cytoplasm contains granules (metachromatic) composed of heparin and histamine. Toluidine Blue Stain Kit is designed for staining of formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissue sections. Mast cells will be stained dark blue/red purple (metachromatic staining) and the background will be stained light blue (orthochromatic staining).
- VB-3013-1 Toluidine blue stock solution ————– 25 ml
- VB-3013-2 Sodium chloride solution ——————– 225 ml
- Deparaffinize and hydrate sections to distilled water.
- Prepare Toluidine Blue Working Solution: Toluidine blue stock solution and sodium chloride solution are mixed well in 1:9 ratio. The pH should be around 2.3 and less than 2.5. Make this solution fresh and discard after use.
- Stain sections in toluidine blue working solution for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash in distilled water, 3 changes.
- Dehydrate with 2 changes of 95% Ethanol and 2 changes of 100% Ethanol (2 minute per change).
- Clear with 3 changes of xylene (5 minute per change) and coverslip.
- Mast cells —————————– violet/red purple.
- Background ————————- blue.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Precautions: Handle with care. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.