Wholemount staining of mouse mammary glands shows the structure of the whole gland and how it is altered in diseased states and in response to various hormones, or carcinogens. VitroView™ Mammary Gland Whole Mount Stain Kit is very useful for the study of mammary gland development.
- VB-3001-1 Carnoy’s fixative Solution—————-250ml
- VB-3001-2 Carmine Alum Staining Solution——-250ml
If stored at 4 oC, the kit can be used for several months. Discard when color becomes weak.
Material Needed But NOT Supplied with the Kit
- Staining jar
- Glass slides
- Mount media
- Mammary gland tissues are spread out on glass slide.
- Fix in Carnoy’s fixative for 2 to 4 hours at room temperature.
- Wash in 70 % Ethanol for 30 min. Change gradually to distilled water
- Rinse in distilled water for 5 min.
- Stain in carmine alum staining solution overnight at room temperature.
- Wash in 70 % Ethanol for 15 min
- Wash in 95 % Ethanol for 15 min
- Wash in 100 % Ethanol for 15 min
- Clear with 3 changes of xylene (10 minute per change)
- Mount coverslip onto glass slide with Permount or some other suitable organic mounting medium.
Note: Carnoy’s Fixative Solution and Carmine Alum Staining Solution can be reused.
After photographic documentation the tissue can be embedded in paraffin for sectioning and conventional histological staining.
- Immerse slide into xylene to remove mounting medium
- Change xylene 2 times
- Transfer to 1:1 xylene:paraffin (60oC)
- Change xylene 2 times and embed in paraffin
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Precautions: Handle with care. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.