VitroView™ Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) for Fungus Stain Kit is specifically created to identify fungi and glycoproteins. Within fungal cell walls, polysaccharides are oxidized by the periodic acid, transforming into aldehydes. These aldehydes subsequently interact with the Schiff Reagent, resulting in the visualization of magenta-colored fungi.
|VB-2004-1||Periodic Acid Solution||250 ml|
|VB-2004-2||Schiff’s reagent||250 ml|
|VB-2004-3||Light Green Solution||250 ml|
Schiff reagent: store at 2-8ºC.
The others: store at room temperature
- Deparaffinize in Xylene I for 6 minutes and II for 6 minutes.
- Ethanol 100% (2 minutes)×2, Ethanol 95% (2 minutes) ×2, Ethanol 75% (2 minutes) ×1
- Rinse in distilled water (2 minutes) ×2.
- Oxidize in periodic acid solution for 5 minutes.
- Rinse in distilled water for 5 minutes.
- Place in Schiff reagent for 15-20 minutes (Sections become light pink color during this step).
- Wash in lukewarm tap water for 5 minutes (Immediately sections turn dark pink color).
- Counterstain in Light Green Solution for 5 seconds.
- Dehydrate with 10 dips of ethanol 100% and clear with 3 changes of xylene (5 minute per change)
- Mount coverslip onto a glass slide with Permount or some other suitable organic mounting medium.
- Fungal cell walls and glycogen———–Red to magenta
- Background—————————————Pale green
Handle with care. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
User Manual and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) (PDF)