Sudan Black is slightly basic dye and will combine with acidic groups in compound lipids, thus staining phospholipids also. Sudan Black B Lipid Stain Kit is used for lipid and fat staining on formalin fixed frozen sections. It is not suitable for paraffin embedded tissue sections. The lipid and fat will be stained blue-black and cell nuclei will be stained red.
- VB-3012-1 Pre-Stain Solution ———————100 ml
- VB-3012-2 Sudan Black B Solution ————-100 ml
- VB-3012-3 Differentiation Solution ————100 ml
- VB-3012-4 Nuclear Fast Red Solution ——–100 ml
- Fix frozen sections in 10% formalin for 20 munities.
- Wash well it tap, rinse in distilled, drain off excess water.
- Pre-Stain Solution, two changes, 5 minutes each.
- Sudan Black, 7 minutes, agitate.
- Differentiation Solution, 3 minutes.
- Rinse in distilled water.
- Nuclear Fast Red, 3 minutes.
- Wash in water.
- Wash in tap water, rinse in distilled.
- Mount with aqueous mounting media/Glycerin Jelly.
- Fat————blue or black
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Precautions: Handle with care. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.