The VitroView™ Movat Pentachrome Stain Kit (Modified Russel-Movat ) is intended for use in histological visualization of collagen, muscle tissue, reticular fibers, mucins and fibrin in tissue sections. This kit is a very useful tool to study the heart, blood vessels and various vascular diseases.
|SKU#||Reagent Name||Volume (ml)|
|VB-3024s-1||Mayer’s Hematoxylin Solution||125|
|VB-3024s-3||Metanil yellow Solution||125|
- Deparaffinize in xylene I for 6 minutes and II for 6 minutes.
- Rehydrate: ethanol 100% (2 minutes)x2; ethanol 95% (2 minutes)x2; ethanol 70% (2 minutes)x1; Rinse in distilled water (5 minutes).
- Place in Mayer’s Hematoxylin Solution for 5 minutes.
- Mayer’s hematoxylin for 10 minutes.
- Wash in running tap water, 5 minutes.
- Incubate in mucicarmine solution at room temperature for 1 hour or microwave Hi power, 45 seconds.
- Rinse quickly in distilled water.
- Metanil yellow, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Dehydrate with 2 changes of 95% Ethanol and 2 changes of 100% Ethanol (2 minute per change).
- Clear with 3 changes of xylene (5 minute per change)
- Mount cover slip onto glass slide with Permount or some other suitable organic mounting medium.
|Other tissue||elements yellow|
Intestine or Colon.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Handle with care. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Do not ingest. Wear gloves.
User Manual and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) (PDF)